eNewsletter Signup

Help With A Federal Agency

Helping Nebraskans is one of my top priorities and a privilege I do not take lightly.  If I can help you resolve a problem, please contact one of my offices. 

Should you experience difficulty resolving a dispute or receiving a response from an agency of the federal government - whether it involves the Internal Revenue Service, a problem with your Veterans or social security benefits, or an immigration concern, among many others, my staff is trained to serve as a liaison for you.

In order  to assist you, please complete and sign the privacy form below and mail or fax it to my office in your area. This form is needed because federal agencies will not release information to my staff without proof of your consent, in accordance with federal privacy laws.

Upon receiving your written consent, my staff will contact the appropriate federal agency on your behalf, or assist you to the best of their ability.

While Federal agencies make the final decision on individual cases pursuant to relevant laws and regulations, we will work diligently to assist you throughout the process.

It is an honor to serve Nebraskans in the U.S. Senate.  Again, please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance.


Senator Johanns is a strong supporter of adoption. Click on the links below to find information on adopting in Nebraska and information on adoption:

                           State Department Intercountry Adoption

                           Department of Health and Human Services Adoption Webpage


If you are experiencing difficulty obtaining a visa or passport, or have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and how you can apply for legal status, we may be able to help you.

Veterans Benefits

Senator Johanns serves on the Veterans Affairs committee and retired General Roger Lempke is his Director of Military Affairs.  If you are a veteran and are experiencing difficulty with your claim or appeal with the Department of Veterans Affairs, we may be able to help you.

IRS and Taxes

Tax issues can be particulary difficult.  We are not tax attorneys.  But if you need help in resolving tax problems that have not been resolved through normal channels, our office may be able to help.

Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid

We can provide assistance applying for Social Security benefits or help you get answers regarding your health care coverage under Medicare/Medicaid.



If you experience difficulties in your search for affordable housing or feel you have been the victim of housing discrimination, we may be able to help.  We can also assist if you are having problems with HUD (Department of Housing and Urban Development). 

Small Business Help

Senator Johanns is committed to helping small businesses.  You can contact business development expert Ray Ringlein in our Lincoln office at 402-476-1400. 


Help With Local Or State Issues

While our office deals with federal issues, you may have need to contact someone to help with local or state issues.  Below are links to several commonly-used offices in Nebraska.

To look up information about your state legislator and Nebraska’s Unicameral:


For birth certificates, grants, personal well-being or general health and wellness contact the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services:


As a U.S. Senator, Senator Johanns does not have jurisdiction in legal matters.  If your concerns are legal in nature, you should contact an attorney or the appropriate judicial agency. Below is a link to the Nebraska Bar Association that may be able to help you find legal assistance:


If you have concerns with your lawyer contact the Counsel for Discipline of the Nebraska Supreme Court:


Concerns with the Nebraska prison system, contact the Nebraska Department of Corrections: